We are thrilled to announce the return of the Kentucky APSE in-person Conference!
- May 11-12th – We will open at 1:00 on Thursday and close the conference at 4:00 Friday (local time)
- Lexington, KY at the recently renovated Campbell House
- 8 hours of CEUs available (CRC pending)
- Annual Meet & Greet Thursday evening
- KY APSE Awards lunch on May 12
We are excited to welcome APSE’s Executive Director, Julie Christensen, to join us and open our conference! Barry Whaley, Director of the Southeast ADA Center and founding member of KY APSE, will close our conference with “Who Are the Heroes: A History of the Disability Rights Movement.” We have been apart for too long. It’s time to gather together, once again, to talk about how we make Employment First a reality, gain new ideas and strategies in the work of disability employment supports, connect and remember why we do this work and that we are all a part of a bigger movement. We cannot wait to see you May 11-12th!
Watch here and our KY APSE Facebook page for updates.
Schedule At-A-Glance (all time listed as local)
1:00 – 3:00 Welcome, Opening Keynote
3:15 – 4:30 Concurrent Sessions
5:30 Meet & Greet (optional)
8:30 -9:45 Concurrent Sessions
10:00 – 11:15 Concurrent Sessions
11:30 – 12:45 Awards Lunch
1:00 – 2:15 Concurrent Sessions
3:30 – 4:00 Closing Keynote
Topics will Include:
- The ADA, Addiction & Recovery
- KY DB101 – Better than Sliced Bread!
- Plain Language Please – Resources to Support Your Best Work
- Enhancement of PCJS through Use of Pre-Vocational Services
- Investing in SE Team Structure
- Recruiting & Sustaining a Strong SE Team
- Building Your Job Development Network
- Innovative Supports for Autistic Workers
- Supporting LGBTQ Job Seekers
- CRC Ethics Updates for 2023
- Universal Employment Competencies: A Guide to Best Practice & Ethics in our Field
- My Personal Story with IPS Supported Employment
- And More!
We have a block of rooms, at $135/night, at the Campbell House. Click here to book directly OR call 859-519-1319 to book through the sales office (let them know you are with APSE Annual Conference.)
Meet & Greet
Thursday evening will will hold our annual Meet & Greet. It’s a time to network, see people, connect and relax. We will provide appetizers and be located near the bar (easy access, on your own if desired.) Stay and see old friends or just swing by for a bit before heading out for dinner or the evening!